Thatch Cottage ★★★
A real 17C thatched farmhouse just outside the famously quaint village of Lacock, 14 miles E of Bath
You can rent your own little 17C thatched cottage in the Somerset farmland east of Bath.
The owners, Nancy and Paul, live in the adjacent house, but the rustic cottage is all your own, from the living room with its ancient hearth to the wrought-iron double room under the thatched roof upstairs.
Despite the strong yesteryear vibe, there is also a TV with DVD player and free WiFi.
In the family kitchen off the hall, the hosts provide a cooked breakfast made from their own hens' eggs, jams and marmalades, and other local produce.
The farm is about a 15-minute stroll from the 18C village of Lacock, with four pubs and two tearooms—all good spots for a meal.
The one drawback: It can only sleep two, so families with kids will have to look elsewhere.Book it
General info about B&Bs in England
General info about Farm stays in England
Also in Reid's List: Bath Lodging:
- Royal Crescent Hotel & Spa★★★| £££
- Crystal Palace Apartment★★★| ££
- Abbey Green Apartment★★★| £££
- Leighton House★★☆| ££
- Abbey Hotel★★☆| ££
- Harington's City Hotel★★☆| £
- The Bath House Boutique Bed & Breakfast★★☆| £
- Berdoulat & Breakfast★★☆| ££
- Grosvenor Villa B&B★★☆| £
- The Gainsborough Bath Spa - YTL Classic Hotel★★☆| £££