- Money & shopping
- Concerns & safety
- Packing & gear
Experience authentic, quintessential England. Â We create experiences: Journeys into the English countryside to uncover the history, culture, stories and experiences that make England unique.
Our 'Medieval Marvels & Movie Scenes' experience takes you on a tour of several of the most stunning local towns and villages in England to discover picture perfect scenes, intriguing history and some of the locations used in some of the most famous films made in England: Harry Potter, the BBC's Pride & Prejudice series, War Horse, Downton Abbey and more. Â Discover the stories, history, and characters that make these places more than just filming locations. Â Enter an 800 year old stately home, see the birthplace of photography and uncover the stories of those who came before us.
Travelling in a small group of eight or fewer guests in a comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle you will...
- Visit Castle Combe, one of the most beautiful villages in England.
- Enjoy a morning coffee in a stately country house.
- Explore Lacock, a gorgeous medieval village and a film location for many features and TV series.
- Visit Lacock Abbey, a stately home and the birthplace of modern photography.
- Enjoy lunch at a charming, country pub that serves superb locally-sourced fare, with a drink included.
- Wander through a Saxon town that features a canal, river and a church that dates back over 1000 years.
- Browse local boutiques and peruse the local crafts.
- Finish the afternoon with a drink in a fine English country pub
Harrods of London installed a novelty in 1898: the world's first true escalator (to be fair, an inclined moving belt with metal bars for traction did make its debut two years earlier on Coney Island). The oddness of a moving staircase so unnerved many shoppers that employees were stationed near it with smelling salts and cognac to help revive those overcome with fear.