Stay for free
Free lodgings in Britain: Hospitality networks (couchsurfing), home swaps, and house sitting services
Yes, it can be done! There are plenty of ways you can sleep absolutely for free—and none of them involves park benches or sneaking out of hotel windows via the fire escape at 4am.
Some of these techniques do involve joining a club or network, and there is a fee involved with that, but spending the night won't cost you a dime—and besides, those one-time fees tend to cost less than a single night's stay in a mid-priced hotel.
Ways to stay for free
Also in Lodging options:
- British Bed and Breakfasts★★★
- Apartments (rental flats)★★★
- Farm stays and agritourism★★★
- Aparthotels in Britain★★☆
- Castle hotels★★☆
- Cottages & villa rentals★★☆
- Hostels in the U.K.★☆☆
- University dorms in the U.K.★☆☆
- Couchsurfing| Free