Where to get picnic pickings in London
The most discriminating diners shop for their picnic delicacies in the gourmet food departments of Harrods at 87–135 Brompton Rd. or Fortnum and Mason at 181 Piccadilly.
Cheaper grocery store chains for less fancy staples include:
- Tesco (Tesco.com) has nearly 60 locations across London, including small express stands in train and Metro stations and the like.
- Sainsbury's (Sainsburys.co.uk) has two-dozen locations in central London.
- Marks & Spencer (Marksandspencer.com) has 10 shops in London.
- ASDA (Asda.com) is near Charing Cross/Trafalgar Square.
- Morrisons (Goceries.morrisons.com) has three locations in London.