Top 10 London tips
The most useful hints, tips, and advice for a London trip
- Invest in a London Pass for sightseeing discounts and skip-the-line privileges
- Use an Oyster Card for public transit
- Look RIGHT when crossing a street (actually, always look both ways just in case)
- Make good use of London's plethora of free sights
- Have Indian food. You won't find any better outside of India itself.
- Take at least one guided walking tour
- For stays of several nights or more, a rental flat (apartment) might be cheaper than a hotel
- Do NOT rent a car to drive around London
- Pub grub makes for hearty, relatively cheap, relatively quick, authentic meals
- See at least one play or show—West End, The Globe, National Theatre... whatever. Just go.